Thursday, October 16, 2008

Guest Post on Cooking Books

One of the great things about being a part of the food blogging community is seeing that I’m definitely not alone in the culinary-crazy department, and I say that with all due respect. I know I’m not the only one who could be perfectly happy spending an entire afternoon in the cooking section of a book store or in the kitchen chopping, slicing, sautéing, and searing. A few weeks back, I online-met Andrea at Cooking Books and learned we have in common an interest in food writing, cookbooks, food history, and cooking in general. She writes about her collection of books and prepares amazing dishes from them. I’m sure that our collections overlap, but recently, she’s been writing about and cooking from books by Sara Foster, Laurie Colwin, and Paula Wolfert; none of which are on my shelves. Clearly, there’s always more to learn. Or, the monkey’s always on my back, either way.

I was thrilled when Andrea invited me to write a guest post for her blog, and I’ve finally chosen a topic. I read The Taste of Country Cooking awhile ago but hadn’t cooked from it yet, so I chose a meal from the Fall chapter to prepare and discuss. Visit Cooking Books to read all about my first experience roasting a pheasant, and enjoy all of Andrea’s fantastic posts while you’re there.






*Update:

Andrea has made this a new monthly feature on her site called Off the Shelf. It will showcase a different blogger and a book of his/her choosing each time. I can't wait to check in each month and find out what other people have been reading and cooking.


3 comments:

  1. lisa,
    that sounds like a great, fun opportunity! I love your cooking, and it is as good, if not better than any of the cookbooks you cook from!

    I remember Lori Colwin..... what a great food writer.
    Good luck with the pheasant!

    Isnt it fun to meet other food bloggers? We met a couple last nt in NYC for dinner from our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun getting to know the other food bloggers out there, and there are several from the NYC area. Lucky you!

    The pheasant was really tasty--I'm already thinking of other ways to cook them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those look way yummy! I bet raspberry preserves would be just incredible on them! I found you through dishing up delighs and I am so glad that I did!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips